Creative Discussions > Art Work

my maps for PU

<< < (5/6) > >>

tomgregory200:
I will and I thank you for you time, however I'm going to hospital tomorrow for an op, so it will have to wait

theunkn0wns:
Wow you guys aren't the nicest people ever, he's just trying to show you his maps yea they have multiple mistakes but no need to bash him for it.

As for the maps they do need some fixing up you might wanna add a little more of a challenge to the maze its kinda plain and looks easy to get through. You might also want to check over the borders of the map like the tree with a patch of grass over it, and fix any other mistakes you find. Good luck  :)   

spirit:

--- Quote from: theunkn0wns on August 24, 2010, 10:11:52 PM ---Wow you guys aren't the nicest people ever, he's just trying to show you his maps yea they have multiple mistakes but no need to bash him for it.

As for the maps they do need some fixing up you might wanna add a little more of a challenge to the maze its kinda plain and looks easy to get through. You might also want to check over the borders of the map like the tree with a patch of grass over it, and fix any other mistakes you find. Good luck  :)   

--- End quote ---

It's true that we are not nice 100% of the time, but who is? In this instance, it is just poor luck that it looks so bad. I, for example, laughed at Kamaran's joke, and also asked people to explain why it wasn't a good map, since I can't, because I don't know how (I didn't say any of the mistakes Kamaran pointed out).

As for everyone else, it may be a cop-out answer, but we see people trying to do stuff like this all the time, and it tests our patience; we are all merely trying to have a few lols while we deal with them.

The best thing to do is not take our comments as insults; in most cases, it's not the individual that we don't like. Take what we say as a strange form of humor, and then learn from the feedback we give in addition.

Raikt:
I have teh humor. Spirit has teh lulz. Together, we form! Eh, I have no clue. But damn is it ugly.

Seriously, though. As spirit said, we actually (well, in mine and Kamaran's case) gave advice and ways to fix it as well. It's not a horrible map, trust me. I could show you some. But, it's passable at best. So, what's the best way to improve? Have others judge your work.

If it came off as insulting, that wasn't the intent. At least for me. I can't speak for everyone else.

But yeah. I'm not nice most of the time. I think we've been over this in IRC.

Jerry:

--- Quote from: theunkn0wns on August 24, 2010, 10:11:52 PM ---Wow you guys aren't the nicest people ever, he's just trying to show you his maps yea they have multiple mistakes but no need to bash him for it.

--- End quote ---

And... wouldn't you want a nearly flawless game? If so, that may be also why the team is trying to put high standards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version