* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Towns  (Read 4355 times)

Offline magmaman1632

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Towns
« on: April 09, 2011, 09:05:32 PM »
i have heard the idea for being able to start at any town, but while it is a good idea on paper, to put it into effect is gonna be hard since the leveling of wilds at different areas with have to be different for each person at different areas, and there is the matter of not being able to go to certain areas because you cant surf or use stuff like rocksmash or cut.  it would be hard implementing this idea is my point

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
Re: Towns
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 09:12:32 PM »
i have heard the idea for being able to start at any town, but while it is a good idea on paper, to put it into effect is gonna be hard since the leveling of wilds at different areas with have to be different for each person at different areas, and there is the matter of not being able to go to certain areas because you cant surf or use stuff like rocksmash or cut.  it would be hard implementing this idea is my point
I'm sorry.. but you should USE the SEARCH button before making a new topic that may had been examined before with similar thinking.
And I believe you should look around the forum as well because some of those suggestions from you has been talked about. =/

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 09:27:54 PM »
@Magmama1632

I think that you are thinking of this game as the single player regions where there is only one starting town. Your point is then: "How can someone start in a later city without the needed tools such as surf and rockclimb".

That is not how it is going to happen.

There will be an currently unknown, yet rather small, number of starting locations. Each with different and some similar Pokemon and the quests there will all lead to the same area (around level 20).
Remember that this is a MMORPG, and therefor there WILL from said area, be several paths to follow, exploring areas, battling trainers and catching a wide varity of Pokemon.

As for your HM issue; We currently have no solution to this issue if we are going to implement it.
Scenario: "Player 1 uses cut on a tree. Player 2, who doesn't have cut, walks through."
One doesn't have to an idiot to see that this is a problem.

However, another HM move such as surf don't give the same problems as Player 2 still can't surf.
As I said; it's a working progress and when we have something official to state, we will.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 09:52:35 PM »
@Magmama1632

I think that you are thinking of this game as the single player regions where there is only one starting town. Your point is then: "How can someone start in a later city without the needed tools such as surf and rockclimb".

That is not how it is going to happen.

There will be an currently unknown, yet rather small, number of starting locations. Each with different and some similar Pokemon and the quests there will all lead to the same area (around level 20).
Remember that this is a MMORPG, and therefor there WILL from said area, be several paths to follow, exploring areas, battling trainers and catching a wide varity of Pokemon.

As for your HM issue; We currently have no solution to this issue if we are going to implement it.
Scenario: "Player 1 uses cut on a tree. Player 2, who doesn't have cut, walks through."

However, another HM move such as surf don't give the same problems as Player 2 still can't surf.
As I said; it's a working progress and when we have something official to state, we will.

For HM Cut/Rock Smash(if that will be implented), how would Cut lead some problems to MMORPG? If you were to use Cut, I think it should be conventionally used only for special hide outs or like some special hang out places. =/

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 10:14:01 PM »
For HM Cut/Rock Smash(if that will be implented), how would Cut lead some problems to MMORPG? If you were to use Cut, I think it should be conventionally used only for special hide outs or like some special hang out places. =/

v read v

Meaning: Player 2 shouldn't be allowed to pass in the first place.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 10:24:20 PM »

v read v

Meaning: Player 2 shouldn't be allowed to pass in the first place.
Ahh... I see...

Offline magmaman1632

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 07:13:24 AM »
maybe the tree is only removed for player 1 and for player 2 the tree is still there

Offline Flynt

• Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 11:56:47 AM »
tree should be  removed for player 1 but not  for player 2 or the tree should grow again.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 09:13:32 PM »
I'd like to point out one minor issue about cut/rock smash.

While in the games they have a somewhat questionable use, do you really want to waste a move slot on them.... NO!

I think the removal of cut and other pointless hm's from the game would be a good thing.

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 09:21:52 PM »
Cut, Flash, Rocksmash, and DEFOG should all be just removed. I don't see them as useful HMs and they won't serve a real purpose in an MMO.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams