Pokémon Discussion > Games

geodude knows mudsport?

<< < (2/2)

Jerry:
Hmm... Lanturn too perhaps?

And yes, Geodude does know mud sport. It keeps its effect even when the pokemon faints or is switched (provided the duration of its effect is still active), so, the next pokemon will benefit the electric resistance.

Nando:

--- Quote from: Jerry on February 17, 2010, 07:35:54 PM ---Hmm... Lanturn too perhaps?

And yes, Geodude does know mud sport. It keeps its effect even when the pokemon faints or is switched (provided the duration of its effect is still active), so, the next pokemon will benefit the electric resistance.

--- End quote ---

Are you sure, Jerry?  :o I checked Bulba's database and it says the effect only lasts until the user is switched out (and faints?). But if you're right, I might just have to catch myself a Geodude.  :D

Jerry:
Oh, sorry, yes, I just checked the move to be sure, and yes, it lasts as long as the user is in battle. I might have played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon too much :-[ In there, it lasts for a couple of turns, even if the user has fainted.

Darkstar64:
It's actually none of those. The answer is egg-groups! What is an egg-group you might ask? Well, let me explain.

An egg-group is a group of pokemon that can 'interbreed'. By doing this, you can give a pokemon a move it nomaly wouldn't know. For example:

A trainer puts his male Blaziken and his Female Lucario in the daycare. Eventually, the two pokemon have an egg. The egg then hatches into a Riolu that knows Sky Uppercut and Blaze Kick.

How did this happen? The Blaziken and the Lucario belong to the same egg-group. Just so you know, some pokemon belong to more than one egg-group. The new baby pokemon is always the same as the mother pokemon. So no matter how many times you breed them, the Blaziken and Lucario will always have Riolu eggs, no matter how pissed of Blaziken(or you)become(s).

So eventually, you can get mud-sport to some other pokemon who needs it more.

Duke:
Certain water pokemon learn this move.  Shellos is the only one I can think of right now, and it evolves into a water/ground type :P. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version