Pokémon Universe > Balance Server Testing

Balanced or unbalanced?

<< < (2/12) > >>

Roloc:
Azumarill

Well from what I have seen with Azumarill, it is able to pull off sap sipper. Miss Wednesday has a set and has used it against me and others and it seems to work pretty well. I don't really see Azumarill getting a speed boost or losing Aqua Jet. But I will see about giving another water type sap sipper. No promises though. Remember, we don't balance around mono teams. So Azumarill sweeping mono fire teams or Azumarill not being able to pull off a sap sipper set for a mono water team isn't something we are going to balance around.

Jumpluff

I can't say too much about this one cause I have only seen it in action a few times. But, from what I remember, the set that shadowfred was using against me seemed to do pretty well. Shadowfred will have to shed more light on this.

Ursaring:
I will second the azumarill thing not because its weak right now by any means ,but because sap sipper is being totally wasted on it. Its kinda sad that there aren't any other water types sap sipper would make since on. Well there are a few ,but they have been balanced already ,so ohwell.

This would kinda go against balance goels aswell being they just want each pokemon to be a viable choice ,and to keep them pretty much the same.

Roloc:

--- Quote from: Ursaring on September 12, 2012, 06:45:14 AM ---.....but because sap sipper is being totally wasted on it. ........

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't go that far. I don't see it being wasted on it by any means. People always go for the huge power build and never think to make a sap sipper set. I think people often forget Azumarill has a very nice HP stat. While it's defensive stats are lacking, it has moves to help with that such as Charm, Amnesia, Light Screen and Captivate

I think a simple tweak in Azumarill's moves will fix the problem. Currently Azumarill is not able to have Belly Drum and Aqua Jet/Focus Punch at the same time. If we make it so it can, then you could build a set that looks a little something like this:

Azumarill (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Focus Punch

Switch in on a grass attack. Hopefully this will force out your oppenent and leave you with a free sub. Belly drum on the next turn and be free to Aqua Jet everything in sight.

Ursaring:
Maybe carrosta  could get sap sipper. Hard to justifi ,but its not like anyone will start  a riot over the sap sipping sea turtle. Thats off topic though.

Chad29:
An abiity to remove a heavy weakness sounds really good. Gorebyss comes to mind too, since sucking fluids is how it eats.

I've never seen corsola used. It likely needs balancing too.low speed and health, and its good stats aren't too great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version