Off-Topic Discussions > Other Chat

Favorite Web Browser

<< < (6/7) > >>

Kolea:
I usually use firefox(love the addons), but if a site ever crashes on firefox i visit it on chrome.

Tattlefox:
Firefox for me, no reason really. I never tried google chrome, can anyone tell me how it is?

Jerry:
Firefox a thousand times!

Firefox is far better than IE. It's somewhat faster, more stable (hardly crashes), easy surfing, etc.

On firefox, you can switch tabs by holding ALT and pressing either 1, 2, 3 etc on the number pad to switch to the first, second and third tab respectively, of course, if you have three tabs open. (it's like that for me, I don't know if it's so on other browsers)

I tried Chrome, not too bad either, but I'm sticking to Firefox for the simple fact that it has not been released for Linux yet. My XP just crashed and required formatting too often...

bbgun2006:
I'm a dedicated Mozilla Firefox fan!

spirit:

--- Quote from: NinjaBlaze on January 13, 2010, 05:31:54 PM ---I use firefox, and I think it's great, but how does it stand against google chrome?

Can anybody tell me whether I should download chrome and use that instead?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Tattlefox on January 16, 2010, 02:44:15 PM --- Firefox for me, no reason really. I never tried google chrome, can anyone tell me how it is?

--- End quote ---
i use chrome, but switch to firefox every once in a blue moon if something works better there. it is very rare for a media file to not work on chrome but work on firefox instead, but i have seen it happen, though i could probably count the amount of times on one hand. thing is, chrome is really fast, has a nice new tab function (reminiscent of opera), and if you close the browser and then open it, not only can you maintain all the tabs you had open, but you can still use their back buttons (in other words it keeps a kind of history on each tab, making it as if you never closed them in the first place). also, i was reading through some of the information on chrome and supposedly it has been designed so that if one of your tabs crash, only that tab crashes, and all the other tabs, not to mention the entire browser, are unaffected. this also means that if you have one slow tab, its not going to make the whole things slow, just that one tab (of course if it slows down your computer thats a different story)

.....so......chrome ftw

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version