* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [RP] The Omnicide Reality  (Read 177097 times)

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
Re: [RP] Calx and Stefan's Big Adventure
« Reply #1095 on: April 06, 2011, 03:15:09 AM »
I didn't.
Finishing on the small pieces on Calx's face and hands, she removes his shirt to reveal the biggest problem.
A good sized piece of steel was wedged into his right shoulder. It refused to budge. Looking annoyed, she tries pulling a little harder. Failing, she tosses the tweezers away, and grabs onto it with her hands, pulling again, the sharp piece of steel cutting up her palms.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: April 06, 2011, 03:24:21 AM »
Nex was tearing the skin of her hands apart in her attempt to liberate a shard of steel from Calx's chest.
"Hm... Miss Nex, I strongly suggest you stop what you are doing immediately."
Stefan sat down next to her, putting his hand on her shoulder.
"I don't know how tough your hands get from pulling a trigger almost a mile away from your target, but being a Thai Boxer, I'm sure mine are a tad more resilient. So, please stop disabling yourself. Let me take care of it."

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: April 06, 2011, 03:29:40 AM »
She stops, and begins to gnaw on her thumbnail in a very familiar fashion staring at the wound Calx created for himself.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: April 06, 2011, 03:58:08 AM »
"Ooohh... so THAT'S where he got that from."
Stefan reached into his pocket to see if he'd remembered to back his hand wraps. Traditionally, they'd be used to stabilize your wrists and minimize the bending they do on impact of a punch. By changing the pattern of the wrapping a bit, however.
And... He had them. Wrapping the fabric around his hands, he made one final attempt to make small talk with the Stoic sitting next to him.
"That was a depressing sight, you know? A pretty girl destroying her own hands in an attempt to pull shrapnel out of a friend. Fortunately for the both of you I was here. Otherwise this steal would never have left his chest, and you'd have a good set of severed tendons for your troubles. I'd recommend treating that, by the way. Don't wanna end up where I'm going in twenty years, with completely useless hands."

Securing the wrap on his second hand, Stefan grabbed hold of the metal jutting out of Calx.
Buddy, I know I'm gonna hate myself for this later. Kindly prove me wrong.
He pulled upwards on the metal. At first, he thought he'd gotten it out instantly. closer inspection revealed that he had, in fact, lifted Calx's chest about an inch off the ground.
"I'll hold him down."
Astrid, who'd been silent for a while, crouched down opposite Stefan, holding the sniper to the ground.

Pulling upwards once again, Stefan instantly felt the pain of the metal. It hadn't bitten through his wraps yet, but the sheer concentrated pressure was hell on his tendons. Resisting the urge to try shaking it lose, he pulled a bit harder. A slight tearing noise signaled the end of the use of his wraps. He could feel the metal now, cold, sharp, tearing into his hands. Before he'd started his Muay Thai training, this pain would have made him quit. Then again, that would make him seven years old.

Light pulling clearly wasn't working. Taking a deep breath, Stefan let up on the pressure for a moment. Taking two more deep breaths, followed by a shallow inhale, he pulled the metal towards the ceiling one more time, emptying his lungs of anything even remotely air-like. This time, he barely even felt the shrapnel. It just launched itself out of Calx's body, flying out of Stefan's hands and embedding itself in the wall behind him.
"Uh... Mission accomplished, Nex. Sorry about the damages."

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: April 06, 2011, 04:09:01 AM »
She was staring, wide eyed at Calx who was now completely awake. His lips moved, but not a sound came out. He began to gasp for air. It escalates to a cough, and blood flies out of his mouth.
The sheer pain preventing him from moving, he layed their wallowing in it.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: April 06, 2011, 04:15:08 AM »
"Dammit, Spock, I'm a Thai Boxer, not a field medic!"
Stefan backed away from Calx's immobile body. Pain relief was doable with breathing, to a point.

No amount of breathing properly can relieve the pain of being awake while someone tears a chunk of metal out of your ribcage.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: April 06, 2011, 04:23:32 AM »
Nex grabs her rifle with her bloodied hands, and takes a swing at Calx's head again, putting him down for the second time.
I...I p-panicked. she says, breathing heavily. She slumps to the floor, blood trickling down the side of the M25.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: April 06, 2011, 04:26:58 AM »
Stefan looked at Nex, then back at Calx. He was bleeding. A lot.
"Well, Miss Nex, I think it in Calx's best interest that you bandage up that wound on his chest before he bleeds to death."

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: April 06, 2011, 04:33:22 AM »
She gives a nod, and picks the bandages up, wrapping it around him tightly. The bleeding slowed siginificantly, but it would have to be changed in a few hours.

Her work done, she leans back, balancing on her hands. The sting reminded her of what she tried to do not moments before, and she proceeded to tend to her own wounds. Tying the bandages off, she stands and returns them to the bathroom.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: April 06, 2011, 04:51:32 AM »
With Calx out cold and Nex in the other room, Astrid and Stefan were left alone.
"Uh... Stefan? Does Nex have any paper towels?"
"I don't know. Why, did you- ew...."
Calx's blood was caked along Astrid's arms and shirt. Stefan checked his hands. His wraps were ruined, that was for sure. There were cuts going along each of his palms, but by the feel of things, he hadn't cut anything important.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: April 06, 2011, 05:00:17 AM »
THe osund of running water can be heard from the bathroom. Nex returns with a wet washcloth and hands it to the girl.
Here...

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: April 06, 2011, 05:04:49 AM »
Astrid took the cloth, wiping the blood off her arms. She didn't touch the blood on her shirt. The T-shirt she had on was, after all, white, and white doesn't mix well with moisture.

"Nex, how are your hands? That was pretty sharp for a broken piece of metal."

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: April 06, 2011, 05:11:54 AM »
She looks at her hands, the red beginning to show through the bandages.
I'm fine... She begins to clean up from the ordeal earlier, taking the tray of shards, and tweezers to the kitchen sink, and begins to wash off the blood.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: April 06, 2011, 05:15:08 AM »
"You know something? I was expecting you to be... louder. More assertive. As far as deadly assassins go, you're pretty nice. Quiet, maybe. But nice."

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: April 06, 2011, 05:21:20 AM »
She looks at him, and then at Calx. She produces a wad of bills from her skirt pocket, and hands it to Stefan.
We'll need some sort of painkiller. Would you mind going back into town and getting some for me?