* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Light side ,and Dark side of pokemon  (Read 20015 times)

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
  • My computer has a virus I will be off for a while.
    • View Profile
Light side ,and Dark side of pokemon
« on: February 03, 2010, 02:39:02 PM »
I don't know if this is possible but i thought it would be a neat feature . In the real pokemon series we have the pokemon thieves Team Rocket . So why not make a Team Rocket of our own ? Players will have the option of joining either the dark side or the good side after they earn 3 badges . Those in the dark side will have the option of stealing pokemon BUT they cannot just steal a pokemon just like that . They will have to defeat the player 3 or 5 times in a row and after defeating the player they will have the option of taking any 1 of the pokemon the player is carrying . Players of the dark side will also have different clothes so that players can know who is who .

Then there is the good side who will also have different clothes and have the ability to retake the stolen pokemon . If a player has had his/her pokemon stolen then he/she can just takedown the name of the user who stole it and then the Good doer will fight ,and retake the pokemon from the player even if it is in the pc . Also only if the player is missing the pokemon can he/she retake the pokemon . For completing these quests the good doers get justice points which will allow them to buy certain very valuable items ( don't know what they are . I leave that up to the PU staff ) and the same goes for the bad guys only they earn heck points .
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 02:45:53 PM by Draagn »

Offline schindle

• Beginning Trainer
  • legenadaries are just too OP... just too OP
    • View Profile
Re: Light side ,and Dark side of pokemon
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 03:19:30 PM »
dont know about pokemon, but it would be nice if you could make special quests for different parties:
- quests for team rocket or quests for the police instead, and then improving your repututaion. when joining the 'dark side' your not able to make quests of the 'good' side. that would be cool i guess! the more quests your make for one of them you're able to buy special items. and in different cities your an enemy, in others not. dont know if its to hard to implement. :-)

for special gimmick you can choose diferent outfits (big R for rocket ^^)

"Call me Tom."

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 04:50:11 PM »

Then there is the good side who will also have different clothes and have the ability to retake the stolen pokemon. For completing these quests the good doers get justice points which will allow them to buy certain very valuable items ( don't know what they are . I leave that up to the PU staff ) and the same goes for the bad guys only they earn heck points .

I don't know if the whole pokemon stealing thing would work out. Basically because if someone doesn't want their pokemon stolen then they just wont accept a battles from you.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 05:29:18 PM by Phosphorous »

Offline schindle

• Beginning Trainer
  • legenadaries are just too OP... just too OP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 04:53:42 PM »
thats it :-)

would be cool!
"Call me Tom."

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 06:17:27 PM »
i like the idea.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 07:23:33 PM »
evil team member1: "bwahahahaha i have stolen your pikachu"
good team member: "oh nooooz"
etm1: "hey other evil team member, want a pikachu?"
etm2: "sure"
*trade*
gtm: "nao im stronger!!!!1 this tiem i defeet u!"
*win*
gtm: "hurray my pikachu is back"
etm2: "lalalalala .... wait.... wtf? where did my pikachu go?"

scenario 2

etm: "bwahahahahaha i have stolen your pikachu"
gtm: "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"
etm: "im never going to play this account (or verse you) again so you cant win back your pikachu! hurray for being a douche!"
gtm: "wwaaaaaaa.... ima go complane 2 teh develepourz"
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 07:33:59 PM by spirit »

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 07:39:12 PM »
evil team member1: "bwahahahaha i have stolen your pikachu"
good team member: "oh nooooz"
etm1: "hey other evil team member, want a pikachu?"
etm2: "sure"
*trade*
gtm: "nao im stronger!!!!1 this tiem i defeet u!"
*win*
gtm: "hurray my pikachu is back"
etm2: "lalalalala .... wait.... wtf? where did my pikachu go?"

scenario 2

etm: "bwahahahahaha i have stolen your pikachu"
gtm: "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"
etm: "im never going to play this account (or verse you) again so you cant win back your pikachu! hurray for being a douche!"
gtm: "wwaaaaaaa.... ima go complane 2 teh develepourz"

lol<3

Offline drpepper245

• Beginning Trainer
  • <(o.o<)c=(^^Q)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 07:48:22 PM »
Is it really that hard to level your own Pokemon that you have to steal from another? Not saying it's a bad idea, just the emphasis on the whole experienced trainer being able to train Pokemon faster.
"What can one do when one loses what matters most?" - Valkyrie Profile

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
  • I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 07:53:08 PM »
Since when does Team Rocket ever successfully steal any pokemon? xD

I guess the behind-the-scenes members must do all the stealing.
Remember, unless we say it will be included, a Team Member's speculation and ideas are still just speculation and ideas. Though it may be more likely to be included, there are no guarantees!

Please check out our Jobs forum if you would like to help us with the development of Pokemon Universe. We don't bite, but we do have high standards. Hope to see you on IRC!

Offline silentkey

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 08:17:08 PM »
ya its goin to be really hard to get that to work, i like the idea of having different quests, or even same quests just when people want to PvP they get "team points" which will help them rank in the team, new ranks means somethin specail
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts.

Offline The Fireball Kid

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 08:34:22 PM »
I don't know if this is possible but i thought it would be a neat feature . In the real pokemon series we have the pokemon thieves Team Rocket . So why not make a Team Rocket of our own ? Players will have the option of joining either the dark side or the good side after they earn 3 badges . Those in the dark side will have the option of stealing pokemon BUT they cannot just steal a pokemon just like that . They will have to defeat the player 3 or 5 times in a row and after defeating the player they will have the option of taking any 1 of the pokemon the player is carrying . Players of the dark side will also have different clothes so that players can know who is who .

Then there is the good side who will also have different clothes and have the ability to retake the stolen pokemon . If a player has had his/her pokemon stolen then he/she can just takedown the name of the user who stole it and then the Good doer will fight ,and retake the pokemon from the player even if it is in the pc . Also only if the player is missing the pokemon can he/she retake the pokemon . For completing these quests the good doers get justice points which will allow them to buy certain very valuable items ( don't know what they are . I leave that up to the PU staff ) and the same goes for the bad guys only they earn heck points .

You totally caught be off guard. It started out great..letting us players choose which side we want. Than you just went a whole new direction with the stealing pokemon idea.

Lets break it down and see whats wrong with that.

-After a completion of stealing the pokemon, bad team will not want to duel that person again

-Majority of players would want to side with the bad team because of the advantage they get.
Example: stealing pokemon

-Good team does not benefit from any this taking back pokemon idea(See above)

-Really? 3 or 5 times? Knowing that the bad team beats you 2 or 4 times, you would not want to duel that team a 3rd or 5th time.

-This justice points can be abused with simply beating eachother and trading back eachothers pokemon while still getting justice points.

-As another poster noted...Bad team can always give away the pokemon they stole.

Offline silentkey

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 09:49:59 PM »
I agree with victory but I still think the guys heart is in the right place, I mean the stealing is in the show, but I can see a lot of problems with the suggested system, might work with a area like in runscape where players can attack each other only this is the area where u can steal pokemon if u win
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts.

Offline Dellancher

• Beginning Trainer
  • jakals in the courtyard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 11:34:18 PM »
Wow I thought this was actually pretty interesting.  I like like idea of changing your side - makes it more like an authentic RPG - but pretty much as everyone else said, the whole stealing idea only sounds like a gateway to corruption and who wants that in a mmo?  It would be cool though to see different sides though, maybe not just dark and good though.  Maybe some in between? 

i never sleep, because sleep is the cousin of death

--nasty nas in yo' area

don't be humble, you're not that great

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
  • My computer has a virus I will be off for a while.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 11:39:57 PM »
Okay so half good half bad I was trying to push it but now I am just going to run with it the stealing thing was kinda flawed but the side thing I think is my best work yet,actually only good one yet.
So I am just dropping the stealing and I am trying to get the sides in the game here we go more in detailed side idea.

It should be able to happen via side quest.Like different quests give good points and others give dark points (like star wars knights of the old republic),and so many dark points makes you eligible for team rocket and team magma and so on. This would open up several other quests  like capture the red garados and take him to your boss and thats a way for you to level up ,and work legondaries into the game like you have to catch a zapidos and you have to bring it to your boss no fighting with it or trading it ,its just a prop. Good trainers will try and stop you and stuff like that.

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 11:49:32 PM »
but the side thing I think is my best work yet,actually only good one yet.

you do realize the ability to join teams wasn't just your idea right? people, including myself, have been talking about this since red and blue came out, and yes, it has even been discussed on these forums in the past. try adding a new spin to the concept before claiming it as your own