Pokémon Universe > Quests & Plots

[Quest] Rare Magikarp

<< < (3/3)

spirit:

--- Quote from: Victory on February 02, 2010, 12:00:17 AM ---
--- Quote from: Kuixta on January 26, 2010, 09:25:47 AM ---Thinking about what you said i think i found a story. There is a stream that ends in the lake inside the grotto. Due to different circumstances there is only female magikarp there. In the beginning of this stream however is a whole bunch of male gyarados who won't go downstream and the female magikarp are too weak to swim upstream. That's when the NPC asks the trainer to catch a magikarp and train it to be a gyarados. After the trainer defeats the NPC, he tells the trainer to go upstream and catch a male gyarados so he can breed them and bring back a male magikarp to mate with the females spreading the magikarp population. Maybe if this ques is hard it can be the way to obtain waterfall. (just an idea)   

--- End quote ---

Male gyrados mating with female magikarps? Why do you have to defeat the npc? you never explained that.

It could go something like this:

You see a few people outside a cave pacing themsleves. You talk to one of the npc and he tells you a story of how much stronger the ancestors of magikarp is compared to today's and that long lived majikarps can leap high enough using splash to jump over mountains. The man later tells you he is a scientist and his crew were studying the magikarps until some thieves snuck in and stole the magikarps and while in the process they angered one of them and it evolved into a gyrados which made them flee leaving a handful of magikarps behind. Now they can't study the magikarps because the gyrados is guarding them and will not let any human or pokemon in. The npc gives you a quest that requires you to go into the cave and defeat the gyrados. And for proof, bring him the gyrados scale.

This can leave to a chain of quest. Like maybe you'll find out that an underworld organization are after all the magikarps to evolve them into gyrados to rule the sea.

If this sounds good but too short, I can make it longer.

--- End quote ---
well done on your report Victory!
you get a smiley face
 :D

.....see me after class

Jerry:
I swear I have read about people trying to evolve Magikarp... anyway, that'd be a nice quest :)

Kuixta:
Like your idea victory i think we should use that instead.

Declan_23:
You could actually impliment both your ideas. Victory's idea first then:
you talk to the scientist again, he informs you that the Evil Team has continued to pursue their Magikarp catching scheme, however they are now after a rare magikarp that has the ability to learn moves (outrageous I know). However, when you reach the place they are magikarp fishing you cannot stop them continuing their work. When the scientist is informed of this he sends you back saying that your only hope is to catch it before Team Evil does. After fishing for a while you come accross it, catch it and take it back to collect the reward. Other people can work out the chance rate and stuff :).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version