Pokémon Universe > Balance Server Testing

Speed/Spore Analysis

<< < (2/5) > >>

Roloc:
Keep Sleep Clause on.

Enough said really, but I'll go on.

Sleep clause really hinders sleep. When you see something switch in that runs a sleeping move just switch to a pokemon that you don't mind being slept and switch again. I do it all the time and I never have a problem with people sleeping my pokemon.
I always let it hit my masqurain because I have it built really bulky and I mainly only use it for intimidate to cripple physical sweepers. I really don't understand how any of you are having such a hard time with sleep. I use butterfree and ledian a lot and the both have sleep moves and both can be taken out very very very easily. Butterfree has been getting taken so easily that I had to give it sash to even make it worth keeping on my team.

zylonnick:
Maybe taking spore from Ledian is a good idea (130 Base Speed and some other options to battle), Sceptile has 120 Base speed with Unburden (+Acrobatics and Flight Gem) and then giving him a free chance to pull of Swords Dance might be a little to much (though I believe Grass Wistle isn't 100% accurate).

I don't believe Simisage should be that hard to counter though, since alot of pokémon got a nice speed boost, so I say keep Spore on him, but let Ledian lose it.

Sceptile is a pokémon I don't think needs the extra turn from Grass Wistle (he can and will force stuff out on his own, believe me), but that might just be me.

Anyway, keep discussing and we'll hear what the other balancers (like Level5Pidgey) think about this matter.

Jerry:
And incidentally, that's the exact thing I met when I went on PO today to see how things were going =/

It gets annoying when the person doesn't put up the sleep clause. :-\

Bing:

--- Quote from: Jerry on December 09, 2011, 06:09:38 PM ---And incidentally, that's the exact thing I met when I went on PO today to see how things were going =/

It gets annoying when the person doesn't put up the sleep clause. :-\

--- End quote ---

Honestly I look at the clauses now when anyone challenges me.  And yeah, I've seen a lot of people using sleep moves recently.  Mostly because with the new 3-5 rule.  The sleeping pokemon will almost never wake up. 

I still believe that sleep should be 2-5 instead of 3-5.

Roloc:
I find all both sceptile and ledian easy to counter. But hey I run bug and rock type moves on my teams so it's easy to ohko them both. I can't say for sure with sceptile but ledian can only run 2 attacking moves with this setup and sure he does have iron fist but he doesn't have stab on any of the moves that benefit from iron fist. I personally run a flying and fighting move on mine. I'm saying all this to point out that like this he doesn't have much coverage and tends to not OHKO everything after only one SD. If it doesn't OHKO then it dies right after because it is very frail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version