Pokémon Discussion > Anime & Movies

Our hero Ash Ketchum

<< < (3/12) > >>

Amphi:
pikachu also should have evolved by now too i don't care if its a nyerking show mascot Raichu is so much cooler in my opinion!!! plus it would become even more of a major power house in ash's arsenal( even though because ash gets beaten easily wouldn't matter much)
also any1 know how old should actually be??? i mean shouldn't he be at least 16... isn't it a bit weird that a 16 year old is traveling with like a 10 year old(dawn) and brock probably around 17 - 18

mightygamer2:

--- Quote from: Amphy on January 01, 2010, 03:37:49 AM ---pikachu also should have evolved by now too i don't care if its a nyerking show mascot Raichu is so much cooler in my opinion!!! plus it would become even more of a major power house in ash's arsenal( even though because ash gets beaten easily wouldn't matter much)
also any1 know how old should actually be??? i mean shouldn't he be at least 16... isn't it a bit weird that a 16 year old is traveling with like a 10 year old(dawn) and brock probably around 17 - 18

--- End quote ---

no, ash should be around...thirty...and brock...well into his fourties...

Nando:

--- Quote from: mightygamer2 on December 31, 2009, 08:51:34 PM ---let's not just focus on ash. let's talk about some of his pokemon, especially that littl yellow friend, pikachu. i mean, in the first gym battle ash had, he took down a freakin' onix....with pikachu...and now, it seems that pikachu has regressed to a much lower level...what's up with that?

--- End quote ---

Onix? Yeah, that's impressive, but Pikachu has fought many more powerful Pokemon. Its been in countless battles and has participated in a lot of tournaments - including Pokemon league conferences (Evergrande, Silver, Orange, and soon the Sinnoh Conference). And yet, like you said, the show makes Ash's Pikachu seem like he hasn't grown a bit. Pikachu displayed more power in the first Pokemon episode than he has in the last 300 episodes.  ::)

It's true that Ash would be a much better trainer if he had at least kept his Charizard with him. Ash's Charizard took out Articuno in a full-out battle during the Battle Frontier series (I forgot which Frontier Brain used Articuno). Not every Pokemon can defeat a legendary. Charizard defeating Blaine's Magmar is surely a feat, but nothing compared to defeating an Articuno.

Thank you all for your posts. Have a Happy New Year.

Amphi:
why don't they just let ash retire already and start a another series with a new trainer and a pichu as his starter or a shinx or something

Sibone1:
I glad ash left charizard in training and im glad he uses new pokemon every series, how boring would it be if his team was the same for all 600 + episodes. I also wish people would stop chumming charizard sooooo much. Back in the day of the 150 pokemon it was one of the stronger but now it isnt really although it is pretty strong. To all people here who are about 10 and started watching pokemon when the hoenn series or later was on, pokemon isnt just about evolving pokemon to get them as strong as possible (this is a message in the latest series with pauls style of training Vs ash's and it is also a message in an episode where dawn's piplup nearly evolves.) so therefor pikachu should NEVER evolve, plus it takes a thunderstone to do so, ash had the oppotunity in the first series but refuses.

he age thing really isnt a concern, the producers have deliberatly left out how old the characters are and how many years they have been training for. WE know that ash was 10 when he started his journey, it is said in some episodes that ash has been travelling around for a few years. Dawn could be an older new trainer for all we know. There is no rule saying you have to become a trainer at 10 and im not aware of it mentioning anywhere in the show dawns age

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version