* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Professions  (Read 11365 times)

Offline MiMoon

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Professions
« on: January 26, 2010, 08:51:23 PM »
I think it would be a good thing if you put something like professions that u can learn in the game so you can use them for making potions, herbs, runes or smtn like that an than u can sell your by profession made items or ingredients for those items ... something like in wow or other mmorpg games ..
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:55:44 PM by Mr_Dark »

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
Re: Professions
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 09:35:13 PM »
Maybe you should expand on your idea and rethink it in terms of something PU can actually use as game features.

herbs, runes or smtn like that

Are things unrelated to Pokemon games in general.

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
  • I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 01:03:33 AM »
I imagine it would be trainable crafts. These seem to exist in most mmos, as separate skills to your other character skills. Off the top of my head, crafts that apply to pokemon would be:

• Potion crafter (hp, pp recovery) - useful for both selling and making medicine from items available in the field
  • Pokeball crafter (from apricorns, probably)
  • Vitamin and battle item crafter (vitamins would be made from rare materials)
  • Furniture maker
  • Tailor - for backpacks and clothing

Remember, unless we say it will be included, a Team Member's speculation and ideas are still just speculation and ideas. Though it may be more likely to be included, there are no guarantees!

Please check out our Jobs forum if you would like to help us with the development of Pokemon Universe. We don't bite, but we do have high standards. Hope to see you on IRC!

Offline DragonTrainer

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 03:20:53 AM »
This is a decent idea but has some problems, or rather holes in the design. 1. as u said many mmos do have professions which add a whole other aspect to the game
2. do add professions to this game u would need gathering skills and adding these into the pokemon world could provide challenging but not impossible
   -the idea about making pokeballs from the fruit of the tree is a good idea

Offline Osiris

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 03:36:30 AM »
Yes I love the PokeBall crafting idea as well.
I'm not sure which generation it was, but Ash and whatever group of people he was with at the time, had the chance of gathering berries and giving them to a PokeBall maker in town, to be
made into special balls.
If we can't do this ourselves, maybe have a building in a certain town that you can trade your
berries for custom PokeBalls, like NetBalls, etc.

Maybe even in the same building have a Poppins for Your Berries center?
^^.

Offline NaviGator

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 04:12:05 AM »
I really like this idea it would throw a whole new dynamic into the game though I think it would probably be better to patch in later because it would need a little bit of attention to perfect.
I don't think that the need for a gathering skill is needed when there are literally hundreds of pokemon which could carry around different kinds of items I mean its not Farfetch'd to say a Bird pokemon could carry a leek  ;D . Leveling up of the skills and learning of recipes from NPC's or maybe even winning from tournament for unique recipes.
1. Potion Crafter (Good one Alias)
2. Pokeball Crafter (Another good one Alias and Osiris with the "Custom Ball" addition)
3. Furniture Maker (Probably will only be used if there become a lot of options)
4. Tailor (Great one Hopefully with lots of additons later on so you can customize yourself even more later)
5. Fishing Tackle (Make items for fishing like different level rods to up Max level of pokemon you catch and maybe lures to make certain kinds of pokemon more likely to catch)
6. Pokemon Personals (Make hold items i.e. item to up electric attacks, makes wild pokemon defeated 10% more likely to drop item or cuts stats by 25% and gain 150% EXP. Level requirements for pokemon could be added to these)
7. Berry Mixer (Make ?berry shake? that adds temporary effects to pokemon.)
It's time, you know the time, the time for the thing.

Offline MiMoon

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 04:21:09 PM »
I really like this idea it would throw a whole new dynamic into the game though I think it would probably be better to patch in later because it would need a little bit of attention to perfect.
I don't think that the need for a gathering skill is needed when there are literally hundreds of pokemon which could carry around different kinds of items I mean its not Farfetch'd to say a Bird pokemon could carry a leek  ;D . Leveling up of the skills and learning of recipes from NPC's or maybe even winning from tournament for unique recipes.
1. Potion Crafter (Good one Alias)
2. Pokeball Crafter (Another good one Alias and Osiris with the "Custom Ball" addition)
3. Furniture Maker (Probably will only be used if there become a lot of options)
4. Tailor (Great one Hopefully with lots of additons later on so you can customize yourself even more later)
5. Fishing Tackle (Make items for fishing like different level rods to up Max level of pokemon you catch and maybe lures to make certain kinds of pokemon more likely to catch)
6. Pokemon Personals (Make hold items i.e. item to up electric attacks, makes wild pokemon defeated 10% more likely to drop item or cuts stats by 25% and gain 150% EXP. Level requirements for pokemon could be added to these)
7. Berry Mixer (Make ?berry shake? that adds temporary effects to pokemon.)
agreed. I also think it would be better to add in later patches because: a.) it takes a lot of adaptation, so better to see how it works on a plane lvl
b.)i cant w8 anymore for the game release XD * breaks a sweat*
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 04:23:07 PM by MiMoon »

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 10:14:13 AM »
 I am sorry to bring this topic back to life, but I would add my humble opinions on the Professions, because I also think it could make the game more diverse and interacting.

- First the Professions:
 I likes these ideas:

+Potion Crafter -> Maybe it shouldn't be tied down to simply Potions, but have a more general role. So what I would propose for this, would be to have a profession that can create anything Consumable for Pokémons.

+Pokéball Crafter -> I had no porblem with this one. Pokéballs could be made from berries or they could be created from new items introduced into the game. So a player that has a Pokéball Crafter profession could craft a plain old Pokéball out of materials.

So what you would need for a standard Pokéball:

- Digita - This forms the outer casing, giving a Pokéball its ability to alter sizes with a quick tap of the frontal command button.

- Cryocite - The 'windows' that surround the inner portion of a Pokéball are made from a synthetic version of this Taragirite variant. Cryocite is the material responsible for keeping a Pokémon in stasis and its ring like set pattern deliberately mimics the circular patterns set by psychic Pokémon for the even distribution of Aura and data.
The Cryocite systems on older Pokéball models are known to malfunction in extreme low temperatures, restoring the consciousness of the Pokémon within.

- Dejenium - The material responsible for reducing a Pokémon to its component parts for storage within the Pokéball. Said to simulate the effects of Incandium to some degree, Dejenium is situated in tiny dots between each Cryocite panel and works in a circuit which is activated by holding down the command button.

- ID Tag Implementation Unit - To prevent the recapture of a previously caught Pokémon, the Pokéball scans for a trainer ID tag. If no ID tag is found, the Pokéball writes one to the captured Pokémon's data. This ID tag also is used by the PMI to keep track of how many Pokémon a trainer is carrying.

Source: http://pokemonrebirth.niftihalostudios.com/rebirpedia/technology/pokeball.htm

So there are plenty of things to do, and this is only a Standard Pokéball, we haven't even gone into Ultras and the rest. So it can be greatly explored as well.

+ Furniture Maker - Sure sounds nice, would go well along the Player/Guild housing.
 + Tailor - Definitely should be something that's included in the game, if Professions are ever implemented.

Well I can elaborate on this topic further, with some other possible Professions, and ideas on how it could work, but I just posted this for now since I want to know  if this could be a possibility in the game, or will be disregarded anyway.
                                                             Cheers, Genbor
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 03:18:22 PM »
I dont know what the pu team are capable off and what not but i dont see this potion mixer or pokeball maker etc working sound abit too much for a game which is perfetly fine the way it is being made in my opinion.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 03:53:42 PM »
 I agree that it is perfectly fine without it, I just think it could be another possibility to explore. As long as there are ideas, the Team can sort through them and choose out the ones they think could work.
           Cheers, Genbor

zylonnick

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 06:37:10 PM »
I think the professions-idea is already mentioned. Try using the searchbar. i believe they called it skills.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 07:21:20 PM »
And this Ponge, might very well be the very first thread where those were mentioned and the search bar would most probably give you threads made after this one :P
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 07:36:14 PM »
I did use the search bar and this is what I got. Maybe there was one before it, but nobody mentioned that in this thread so after checking the date, I assumed this was the first among its kind.
If you are referring to http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,3008.0.html, than you should take note of it's date, which was posted later. I also found another one with the name Skills, but that one talked about sumo wrestling or something, so I disregarded that.
                                                       Cheers, Genbor

zylonnick

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 07:54:41 PM »
Wow, who digged this oldy back up? :o I didn't looked at the date, I assumed this was a new thread. My bad.

Offline BurningReign

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 07:28:04 PM »
kinda digging this oldy back up (again) to add to the idea of a crafting type of system.

*pokeballs from apricots of course and mayb even upgrading pokeballs by combining? like 3 blue apricots and 2 ultraball to make a ultra lure ball for a better chance to catch water pokemon compared to the regular lure ball or something like that.

*crafting clothes for further customization.

*crafting pokemon held items (leftovers, leek, magnet, etc.)

*bag crafting for added inventory slots

*furniture crafting for housing decorations

*base or housing in caves, trees, etc.

*all of these in turn may cause a need for a farming system (akin to the caves that were in diamon/pearl i think) or mayb a job system where u go to various npc's around the world and they tell u to defeat x amount of pokemon and they give u the crafting supplies and a bit of extra cash

*also with all of this being suggested, mayb even an auction house type of function to make trading crafted goods easier and to cut down congestion in various chats

sorry if im mentioning things that r already in planning or addressed in the website. just a few ideas that i thought would add to the game beyond just catching, training, and battling. adding these might go as far as setting this game apart from other attempted mmorpg pokemon games