* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Ranger_000_Quest] A Dragon Tale  (Read 10071 times)

Offline shadowbt

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
[Ranger_000_Quest] A Dragon Tale
« on: May 14, 2011, 04:02:47 AM »
Requirements: Ambition and the move cut

You will start off in a forest that is next to a town(assuming that your are heading towards the town) and while your heading for the town a pokemon ranger stops you:

I'm sorry young trainer but you are not aloud to pass. There is a wild Salamence that is on a rampage in the city. Its angry because it was disturbed from it's mountainous habitat by a pokemon poacher that failed to capture it.Everyone in this town is in there safe areas inside their homes and my fellow rangers are in the city handling the situation.

> Please let me try to help
> I guess I'll turn around
Well, you look like a tough trainer who can handle him/herself. Go help my fellow ranger in the town to track and calm down the wild salamence.

After this you head to the nearby town.(no trainers just wild pokemon)When you enter the town all the people are inside the houses/buildings for safety and at the mid of town, another pokemon ranger will meet you.
My fellow ranger told me that you were coming through our capture stylers.The salamence has fled to a nearby small mountain, but for safety we need to capture it or send it to a safer habitat because that poacher is still out there.Will you help me find and capture it?
> Anything for a pokemon ranger.
> I have other things to do.

Travel west and out of the town(the pokemon ranger will follow you).You will have to go through a small grassy area before reaching the mountain to make it seem casual and you will need a pokemon that knows cut to cut the tree out of the way to continue.Four trainers are in this area.The first one has a Beutifly and Wurmple,the second has same but stronger.The 3rd has a Wurmple and Dustox and the fourth has same but stronger.Now travel farther on the path to the mountainous area and keep climbing the mountain. Six more trainers lie ahead.1st has a Beedrill and Bellsprout.The 2nd has a Cleffa and Clefairy. The 3rd has a Cubone and Chickorita. The 4th has a Cacnea and Numel.The 5th has a Diglett and Numel.and the last has a Geodude and Onix.
After this You will find the Salamence standing next to the pokemon poacher.(he is about to try and capture it again).
With this devolution machine, I will turn this Salamence to a Bagon and make it easier to capture.
> Stop right there poacher.
> Well, you go ahead and do that.
If you pick the second option, he will just sit there next to the Salamence until you decide to finish the quest.
Your to late ranger and little trainer.
He uses his devolution device to change the Salamence in to a Bagon.(The Salamence's level also goes down to make it fair.)
You handle the poacher while I capture the Bagon with my capture styler.
You battle the poacher and he has a Dratini and a Quilava.
But,but how did you defeat me?
After that you are mediately sent back to the town and the two rangers are there with the Bagon.
Thank you for helping us stop the poacher even though he was able to use his devolution machine on this wild pokemon. Right now he is behind bars and as a reward take this dragon fang.
He gives you a dragon fang and asks you for a favor :
                                ## Everything past this point is what I just added ##
One last thing before you go, can you find this Bagon a habitat to live in.The habitat has to have other Bagons in it and has to be a mountainous environment. 
> Sure, why not.
> Maybe later.
Really, you will find a new habitat for this Bagon?Thank you and this picture of a Bagon footprint will help you find and area where alot of Bagons live. Find Bagon footprints and follow them to the area where the bagons live, then report back to me.
He gives you a picture of a Bagon footprint and your off to look for them.They will be located in an area on the mountain past where the poacher and salamence were.When you find the foot prints follow them to the area on the mountain where a big patch of grass is.Once you reach the patch of grass, you will find someone next to it.
This must be the area where some rare Bagons live.I will capture them for my leader to sell to his clients.
> Who are you?
You go ahead and do that
You must be the trainer that defeated my partner.He was supposed to capture that Salamence, but couldn't even do that.My name is Hunter B and i am part of a group of poachers called the ETPP, Elite Team of Pokemon Poachers.I will finish what my partner couldn't do and start by finishing you off.
Now you have to battle Hunter B and he has a Monferno and Buizel.
I, I have failed.Our leader won't be happy about this, and if you cross our path again, there won't be the same outcome.
He starts to run away but then officer Jenny comes with the ranger and the Bagon.
Stop right there poacher.Another poacher in one day is too much.We are lucky (player's name) found you trying to steal these innocent wild pokemon before you could have gotten away with it.
Officer Jenny takes the poacher away down the mountain and as he passes the ranger, the bagon growls at him.
It's a good thing we found you or that poacher would have gotten away.Hopefully all this poacher business is over now that those two are in jail.
> There is a a team of poachers called ETPP.
> There are more poachers that have formed a group.
What?You say that there are more pokemon poachers!Well this is a problem that has never occurred to our humble region,but will be dealt with.But back to the reason why you are here,you have found an area for the Bagon to live.
He looks at the footprints that lead to the big patch of grass.
Yes, indeed this is a small habitat for Bagons and other wild pokemon.I will get a fellow ranger to help make this a law protected environment so that the rare Bagon can live here in peace.
The Bagon jumps in to the grass and starts moving around in it.You can see other figures, wich are other bagon,moving in the grass as well.The bagon that you saved will bump in to the other Bagons and start walking off with them.(all this happens in the tall grass.)

It seems that this Bagon has made this place it's home.Trainer you show many characteristics of a pokemon ranger, but i know your dream is probably to become a pokemon master.As a reward for your bravery, id'e like to give you my old pokemon capture styler.Pokemon rangers use capture stylers to communicate and capture pokemon for their help.I have disabled it's capture mode, making it's only use for communication with other rangers.Whenever you run in to a problem that you think needs the touch of a pokemon ranger, call me on this disabled capture styler (I call it a communication styler.) and i will tell the nearest ranger in your area to see whats the problem.
He gives you the communication styler and after that, there will be a ranger next to that patch of grass, guarding it and in that area, Bagons will be more likely to appear.When you use the communication styler, you will have two options to call the ranger.
> Hey i'm in (the route your in), can you come?
> Ranger I have a problem, can you come?
For both he answers:
Sorry, but im busy on a mission.
The styler is pretty much useless until you come across a problem that needs a rangers touch.By problem i mean another quest that has to do with poachers and rangers.I will be making more quests that require this quest to be finished, because you have to have the communication styler that allows you to communicate with rangers.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:12:02 AM by shadowbt »
All things come in good time.

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
Re: [Quest] A Dragon Tale
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 04:26:09 AM »
What are the levels? and also, I think that it was stated that cut was cut(no pun intended)
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline shadowbt

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 04:31:49 AM »
What do you mean by what are the levels?the levels for what?If you mean for the Bagon, then you guys can decide because it depends on when you will be able to do this quest.For example if it's in the town where u got your 6th badge then the pokemon that you battle will be at a stronger level and so will the Bagon.If the pokemon in that area are alot more stronger then maybe it should devoltionize to a shellgon instead.If this was to be made in to a real quest then i guess the PU team would decide the levels of the npcs in the quest and the Bagon depending on which part of the PU world they put it in.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:35:12 AM by shadowbt »

Offline Safur

• Beginning Trainer
  • The 15 years old RP'er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 09:09:11 AM »
Good job, it's a pretty nice quest, since many people want bagon.
You didn't make it too easy and it's fun to have a ranger quest.
Let's just have fun on the forum, until the game is released!

zylonnick

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 09:51:47 AM »
finally a good quest that doesn't involve fossils. ;) Good job, really.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 04:40:13 PM »
Scarce issues of punctuation and spelling, but other than the issue of cut, I think it's an okay quest.

It reminds me a little of the other recent quest involving Salamence though.

Okay, now concerning the choices,

> Stop right there poacher.
> Well, you go ahead and do that.

You didn't say what happens when you choose the second option. Usually, that would mean that you 'get out of the quest' but here that's obviously no more possible. So?

> Yes, of-course!
> No thanks, I already have six pokemon.

There is also the possibility that someone doesn't have a full team and at the same time, doesn't want the Bagon. Did you have that in mind?

That's all I think I have to say :)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline kaj09

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 05:56:32 PM »
finally a good quest that doesn't involve fossils. ;) Good job, really.

I do the same! simply just as train, correct, fine attacks learn, and then is the ordinary good; p

Offline shadowbt

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 07:19:20 PM »
Thanks for liking my quest guys, and jerry I'll make some changes in those areas you told me about.If any one else sees something that needs to be changed feel free to go ahead and tell me.

Offline Safur

• Beginning Trainer
  • The 15 years old RP'er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 07:28:34 PM »
I think it's quite a good quest, but not to attack you, why is bagon that special that you can only get him with a quest.
Second point, don't you think the first evolutions of the begining of quest (onix and geodude, etc.) are something for the begin of the journey, while typlosion and dragonite are much more likely at the end of the journey. With other words: it doesn't match. So it will either become steelix and graveler of golem and the same ending or you will have to take away the end and replace it for lower leveled pokemon like quilava and dratini.
Let's just have fun on the forum, until the game is released!

Offline shadowbt

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 08:56:12 PM »
Ya i had trouble deciding which pokemon to make the poacher have or what evolution of them and your right it dosn't match.If this were made in to a real quest i wouldn't know which area of the game it would be put in.Meaning I don't know what level to make the pokemon in this quest. Begging of the game = low level.mid game = neutral level and end of game = high level.
Understand? But thanks for suggesting that.I'll make those changes.

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 11:50:29 PM »
Things such as levels and pokemon are actually only minutely important when in the initial stages of planning quests. The team will always review, and re-review levels, pokemon, items, awards, etc. prior to officially releasing and completing a quest, and often times afterwards as well. In fact, these things have to be taken into consideration by the balance team as well as the story writers to ensure fair play throughout the game. That said, even Bagon might not be the pokemon you are after, but who knows. We do try to keep quests authentic to what the story writer had in mind, as it is his/her vision after all.

I do enjoy this quest, it is fairly short and simple, and to the point. However, it is obvious, as with any quest, that things will be reworked, and the whole thing will need to be fleshed out, and expanded...mostly just to give it a more authentic feel, as well as to create a more significant feel in the players mind. Do you remember The Incredibles? Did you see The Incredibles? There is a scene where the mom is flying a plane that gets attacked, and remember the guy that she phoned in a favour from? originally he was going to be the pilot in the movie, and was supposed to die, but because he had such an insignificant role, they cut him as it didn't have the same emotional impact as a more important character would. We would employ the same techniques here (if needed)

My biggest suggestions to this quest are as follows: 1) This should not be the only way to get a Bagon, just another method of doing so. Perhaps an easier method. 2) The player should have the ability (like in the show) to locate a new habitat for this pokemon he 'rescued', and possibly report back to the rangers (or another authority figure) about the location he discovered as a perfect home for the pokemon, spawning research and/or tourism to the area.

I recommend you continue writing about this quest (take my suggestion, or invent your own path), and expand on where this story goes...don't worry about fleshing out what you already have, as I said, that's the sort of thing that will be worked on as development proceeds, instead, see where this story takes your imagination elsewhere.

Lastly, while this quest does (so far) have my seal of approval, that doesn't necessarily mean that it will be implemented into the game, but it does mean that it has a better chance of being considered.

Offline shadowbt

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 05:13:35 AM »
Thanks for liking my quest Spirit and yes i do remember the Incredibles. It makes me happy to know I don't have to worry about a pokemon's level or evolution in a quest because it will all be reworked, maybe even changed so much i won't recognize it lol.And what you just said about locating a habitat for the Bagon just spiked my imagination. After I edit this quest and update it with my new ideas, i will make more pokemon ranger based quests and it will be required to have done this quest to do any of my upcoming quest. You will see why when i update this quest witch might be tommarow afternoon  because I got stuff to do.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 11:18:20 AM »
And please, show in some way what you changed to make it easier to spot what you did.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline shadowbt

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 08:49:09 PM »
well its kind of hard to show what i have changed because i have added a lot.But, you will notice it.Instead of getting the Bagon, I took spirit's idea of finding the Bagon a new habitat instead of taking it as a reward.And as a reward you got what I call the communication styler or disabled capture mode styler witch you will need to do the other pokemon ranger based quests that i am making.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 09:02:32 PM »
Okay, you could have added something like:

## Everything past this point is what I just added ##

Otherwise, for small edits, you can put them in italics/bold/underlined. Reading everything again is not very practical when you already know what was there before. :)