* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: "Guild" Related Idea  (Read 14066 times)

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
Re: "Guild" Related Idea
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 09:17:37 AM »
 Yeah Leo mentioned another question I was having. Would it be possible to implement a Guild's PC which the people in the Guild can access, store and take out items and money from?

So there would be:
                            Bills' PC
                            genbor's PC
                            Fruit's Punch's PC
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

zylonnick

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 01:34:19 PM »
I like the guild house and multiple boxes idea's. You guys are definately going in the right direction with this. Maybe they could make some kind of notice board inside the guild house where the members could post what they have spare/what they want. (I'm thinking of pokémon, items, tips on how to pass a quest...).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 01:36:55 PM by Ponge »

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 05:50:01 PM »
I like the guild house and multiple boxes idea's. You guys are definately going in the right direction with this. Maybe they could make some kind of notice board inside the guild house where the members could post what they have spare/what they want. (I'm thinking of pokémon, items, tips on how to pass a quest...).

that's also a good idea, moar people should read this thread...
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 06:00:40 PM »
Yeah Leo mentioned another question I was having. Would it be possible to implement a Guild's PC which the people in the Guild can access, store and take out items and money from?

So there would be:
                            Bills' PC
                            genbor's PC
                            Fruit's Punch's PC

25/12/2011 - Today, my guild Fruit Punch got a lot of donations! The bank is now at 2M... I wonder if we should use it to enlarge the guild building or get some more stuff inside...
02/01/2012 - The members do not really agree on what is to be done with that money... I'll launch an official vote tomorrow.
03/01/2012 - Found the guild bank empty!!! Who took all the money!?

That's one of the situations I'm seeing from far. I say, if a common box is to be made, keep it only to the founder and one or two members. Other members have view access only and can only make requests for drawings and hope their request is accepted.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 06:04:20 PM »

So there would be:
                            Bills' PC
                            genbor's PC
                            Fruit's Punch's PC

25/12/2011 - Today, my guild Fruit Punch got a lot of donations! The bank is now at 2M... I wonder if we should use it to enlarge the guild building or get some more stuff inside...
02/01/2012 - The members do not really agree on what is to be done with that money... I'll launch an official vote tomorrow.
03/01/2012 - Found the guild bank empty!!! Who took all the money!?

That's one of the situations I'm seeing from far. I say, if a common box is to be made, keep it only to the founder and one or two members. Other members have view access only and can only make requests for drawings and hope their request is accepted.

There could be a way to make it so only the Leader/co-leaders can access the money/items, while everyone else can only donate/or deposit stuff the the item.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 06:16:15 PM »
Exactly my thoughts. I know that trust is something that should be in guilds, but this is the internet and you can never be too careful, especially with people you barely know.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 06:32:48 PM »
Exactly my thoughts. I know that trust is something that should be in guilds, but this is the internet and you can never be too careful, especially with people you barely know.

of course this kind of thing happens naturally in most mmorpg's which is why I still think that system should still be implemented.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »
 Well I believe having the Guild Leader/Co-Leader and the higher ranked Officers of the Guild able to access the Guild PC with full privileges, which will enable us to control the situation better.

Also what I was thinking is to have each Member of the Guild have a limited access to it, so they can deposit, but when they want to withdraw, they have certain limitations. Those limitations could be things like Level restriction (an item that cannot be found or used by Trainers below a certain Level, or just have them have 1 or 2 withdrawal items, and a few coins to start with every day). Another idea to restrict this could be that we have a Request Board, where Members will request certain items, amount of money from Officers. Well we can go into this later once we know that the Guild PC is a possibility.

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 11:40:30 PM »
Well I believe having the Guild Leader/Co-Leader and the higher ranked Officers of the Guild able to access the Guild PC with full privileges, which will enable us to control the situation better.

Also what I was thinking is to have each Member of the Guild have a limited access to it, so they can deposit, but when they want to withdraw, they have certain limitations. Those limitations could be things like Level restriction (an item that cannot be found or used by Trainers below a certain Level, or just have them have 1 or 2 withdrawal items, and a few coins to start with every day). Another idea to restrict this could be that we have a Request Board, where Members will request certain items, amount of money from Officers. Well we can go into this later once we know that the Guild PC is a possibility.

I like the idea of a request board too, That would give it more of a realistic feel, at least as close to realistic as a pokemon can be,

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 06:15:25 AM »
I wanna see if anyone else has anything to contribute to this post seeing as it didn't get much contribution back when i posted this... so bump ^

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2011, 06:21:26 AM »
I rather like the Idea of a customized guild hall.  Though if this is ever implemented it most likely be until after the game is released.

I think personally if you really wan't to make it special then hold an in game tourney between qualifying guilds.  The winner gets a special hall made for them.  Then hold this tourney every now and then.  (Maybe only once a year.)

I like the competitiveness it would create between guilds.

Also I think if you want to upgrade your guild hall then you should be able to use game currency to purchase stuff (With consent of your guild) but, the tourney winners would get something completely original.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2011, 08:43:37 AM »

I rather like the Idea of a customized guild hall.  Though if this is ever implemented it most likely be until after the game is released.

I think personally if you really wan't to make it special then hold an in game tourney between qualifying guilds.  The winner gets a special hall made for them.  Then hold this tourney every now and then.  (Maybe only once a year.)

I like the competitiveness it would create between guilds.

Also I think if you want to upgrade your guild hall then you should be able to use game currency to purchase stuff (With consent of your guild) but, the tourney winners would get something completely original.

Sounds like an amazing prize, but I still would want the Guild Hall to be the work of Guild members. Anyways, would there be another prize for the winning Guild if they already won a Guild Hall once?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 12:09:43 PM »
Or maybe get something like to pay an "architect" in-game (which would be a real person, I don't mean we need "architect" as a job, mind you) for the service.

Of course, that's trying to simulate a real-life process where the architect presents various designs and the customer picks his/her favourite, even choosing what (s)he wants more/changed/etc.

But for me, I would rather have one 'self-made', as genbor said.

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 01:25:10 PM »
I'm kinda confused right now...

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2011, 01:46:43 PM »
About? ???