Pokémon Universe > Quests & Plots

[Quest] Rare Magikarp

<< < (2/3) > >>

Alais:
It would be very funny if the quest was just that, a dude asks you for a Magikarp, but when you have the quest active, your encounter rate for Magikarp is inexplicably lowered to 1% :D

Kuixta:
No i was kinda of thinking that magikarp shouldn't be available until this quest. I'll rethink it and post up dialogue and everything next post.

tap1on:

--- Quote from: Mr_Dark on January 29, 2010, 02:37:59 PM ---This quest sounds like:

You talk to a npc:
NPC: "Hi, I'm looking for a magikarp, do you have one?"
- Yes
- No

Yes:
NPC: "Oh great! May I have it, you'll get something awesome from me."
- Sure, here you go
- No, go catch your own!

--- End quote ---

Does all quests have to be a 2-year chainquest? I think that would be a decent quest, much like "kill 30 dogs", "collect 20 flowers" etc.

Impwadman:

--- Quote ---Does all quests have to be a 2-year chainquest? I think that would be a decent quest, much like "kill 30 dogs", "collect 20 flowers" etc.

--- End quote ---

I agree. Besides the main quest-line, shouldn't there be little sub-quests. They don't have to be related to the big main one. These can be quests that make the game more interesting both during the game and after you finish the main one.

The Fireball Kid:

--- Quote from: Kuixta on January 26, 2010, 09:25:47 AM ---Thinking about what you said i think i found a story. There is a stream that ends in the lake inside the grotto. Due to different circumstances there is only female magikarp there. In the beginning of this stream however is a whole bunch of male gyarados who won't go downstream and the female magikarp are too weak to swim upstream. That's when the NPC asks the trainer to catch a magikarp and train it to be a gyarados. After the trainer defeats the NPC, he tells the trainer to go upstream and catch a male gyarados so he can breed them and bring back a male magikarp to mate with the females spreading the magikarp population. Maybe if this ques is hard it can be the way to obtain waterfall. (just an idea)   

--- End quote ---

Male gyrados mating with female magikarps? Why do you have to defeat the npc? you never explained that.

It could go something like this:

You see a few people outside a cave pacing themsleves. You talk to one of the npc and he tells you a story of how much stronger the ancestors of magikarp is compared to today's and that long lived majikarps can leap high enough using splash to jump over mountains. The man than tells you he is a scientist and him and his crew were studying the magikarps until some thieves snuck in and stole the magikarps. And while in the process, they angered one and it evolved into a gyrados which made them flee leaving a handful of magikarps behind. Now the scientist can't study the magikarps because the gyrados is guarding them and will not let any human or pokemon in. The npc gives you a quest that requires you to go into the cave and defeat the gyrados. And for proof, bring him the gyrados scale.

This can lead to a chain of quest. Like maybe you'll find out that an underworld organization are after all the magikarps to evolve them into gyrados to rule the sea.

If this sounds good but too short, I can make it longer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version