* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Where should Poke'mon be Located???  (Read 6352 times)

Offline SwIzZy

• Beginning Trainer
  • Xtreme Freestyle Skiing My Life & LIL WAYNE MUSIC
    • View Profile
Where should Poke'mon be Located???
« on: April 22, 2010, 01:22:36 AM »
I'm not sure where the poke'mon are going to be found in the game because the MMO has not been released but I was thinking???

Suggestion:  I'm not sure how big the map is yet but I was thinking that maybe certain generations of pokemon can be found in certain areas of the map.  Like, for example... If the game is arranged by islands that one island would hold the 1st and 2nd generation of poke'mon and then another island would have the 3rd and 4th generation of pokemon and so on....

I know it's just an idea and islands are not going to be implemented.  But,  I had the thought that certain generations of poke'mon would be found in a certain part of the map or maps.

Sort of like certain Pokes where found in Kanto and certain pokes where found in Johto...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 07:11:57 AM by SwIzZy »

Offline DaigurenHyõrinmaru

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Poke'mon
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 01:54:07 AM »
I actually think that's a pretty good idea. It would make collection a lot easier, especially if you were going to collect alot of a particular gen. Good idea! kudos.
Halagren

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
Re: Poke'mon
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 04:53:48 AM »
Ya i agree it sounds like a good idea too. Maybe even having to unlock access to certain islands to catch the gen there would be cool
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 05:00:47 AM by Viper »

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Where should Poke'mon be Located???
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 07:27:48 AM »
Story

A decade has passed since the last major Pokémon journey was made and now the time has come once again.

In the newly discovered region of Miryus, people have settled down in small villages and begun work on larger cities to make new lives for themselves. It came as no surprise when Pokémon were discovered inhabiting these new islands, but they were astounded to find Pokémon from all over the world, perhaps every species known to mankind! Could it be true? No-one knows for sure.

When the word got out, a rumor quickly spread among the other regions that this might be the birthplace of the legendary Pokémon Mew, thought to be the ancestor to all Pokémon. Trainers from not only Miryus but the whole world traveled to the new regions' official starting towns and set out into the unknown, each aiming for the stars on their quest to become a Pokémon Master.

But something was slightly different here. Miryus was not just another region. A mysterious air hung over this set of isles, everyone felt it but no one could quite tell what it was. Scientists started to dig into the isles’ past, hoping to uncover some clue to the mysteries surrounding this land.

A few years later, the people settled, and Miryus had become a thriving region of bustling cities, peaceful countryside towns and undisturbed wide open landscapes. The official Pokémon League Commission established no less than seventeen new gyms across the isles and started preparations for a Miryus region Pokémon League, to be held every 6 months along with many other competitions. Trainers are now able to choose one of the already known starter Pokémon from a region their choosing upon arrival in Miryus.

Meanwhile, the scientists had come across a few small artifacts which were fascinating, but it was clear they were just scraping the surface. They called upon trainers who traveled the lands to join them in this adventure and help them unravel their secrets. Trainers arriving from other regions are requested to bring nothing but their knowledge and skills, as a region-wide rule to encourage exploration.

Along with the many settlers were some amazingly strong Pokémon trainers, their hearts set on being the most powerful of the new world. Self-proclaimed as the Brutal Five, their leader Natalia is said to live alone on one of the smaller islands to focus on her training. Few people know the exact location of the Five, as their training grounds are closely guarded secrets, and they devote their lives to training in solitude. It is common knowledge, however, that the Five are always looking for trainers to test themselves against, and keep a close watch on any rising stars. Perhaps if you train hard enough, you will catch their eye as a rival and receive a challenge.

Only one question remains:

Will you have what it takes to beat every other player in the Miryus region, rise to the rank of Champion in the official Pokémon League, and conquer the Brutal Five? Or will you break under the pressure of fighting other trainers reaching for the same goal?

Regarding the specific isles on which you can find specific generations;
Quote from: halagren
[...] It would make collection a lot easier, [...]
Thus that will not happen. But if you read the storyline carefully, you'll notice that every single pokemon are to be found in the region, which is a set of isles.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 07:29:30 AM by Kamaran »
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline SwIzZy

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 07:38:20 AM »
Are you saying that all pokemon are found within these isles.  Also, will there be a wikipedia of where to catch these pokemon.  If not, there will be alot of posts on the forums of where to find certain pokemon.

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 07:48:49 AM »
To quickly sum up a lot of posts posted elsewhere;
  • Every pokemon will sooner or later appear in the region.
  • Legendaries will appear too, but they will not be catchable

About those legendaries: Some of them will act as world bosses in the aspect of "player vs. enviroment". Others will help you on certain quests and even against those bosses. (example: While dueling Darkrai, you might have Cresselia on your team)

Regarding the wikipedia;
Pokemon-universe have already a wikipedia. This wikipedia will only be updated by the players and fans, meaning that PU will not touch it unless we see some "wrong" information.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Red_Cruzader

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 10:34:17 AM »
Will there be a "safari zone"?

HEEEYA!

Offline SnowWolfAlpha

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 02:33:01 PM »
To have more variety, could we have wild pokemon whose locations change every week?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 06:28:42 PM »
Use the search bar guys  ::)

Quote from: Red_cruzader

S/R/E (Safari Zone, speakin bout it, will we have one?)
Yes, but not in the first beta

To have more variety, could we have wild pokemon whose locations change every week?

http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,439.msg6428.html#msg6428
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 08:15:40 AM by Jerry »
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Red_Cruzader

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 08:02:44 PM »
Use the search bar guys  ::)

Quote from: Red_cruzader

S/R/E (Safari Zone, speakin bout it, will we have one?)
Yes, but not in the first beta

http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,439.msg6428.html#msg6428

Huh, weird... I did use the search bar. Sorry about that.  :-[

HEEEYA!

Offline SwIzZy

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 10:47:37 PM »
What I meant by wiki is:

Will there be a separate forum so we know where each pokemon is located... such as routes and cities etc...

Offline Sazhuy

• Beginning Trainer
  • Dance, Boogey Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 12:24:46 AM »
Seems like you are asking for a guide at the moment and the game hasn't gone public so yeah.
Rules FAQ Forum Etiquette
Read The Above Before You Begin

Offline SwIzZy

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 07:10:24 AM »
Seems like you are asking for a guide at the moment and the game hasn't gone public so yeah.

Well, I wasn't being greedy.  I was wondering if a guide would be created upon release of the beta.